November 3, 2014

Poppy

Just found a new pattern that I am absolutely in love with. It’s called “Poppy”. You can find it here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/poppy-11 This was truly a case of love-at-first-sight for me. It’s just a really elegant, simple look. I knew I had to make one right away. And since a friend of mine is having a baby girl in February, I seized the opportunity to knit something really cute for her.

My friend and her husband are huge Chicago Bear fans. So when I looked at the pattern I instantly envisioned it in navy and orange. I think it looks fantastic. (Please, noone tell my husband that I put one of our Packer babies in Bear’s colors.)

1103141453-001103141453-01
1102141405-00

My next step, I think, will be to convert this pattern to be knit on my Passap. It should be easy enough, it’s essentially one giant sock heel. Even the garter stitch rows won’t be too bad on the machine because they are just single ridges.

Here’s a link to my project page on Ravelry, if you’re interested: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lzbthmcmullen/poppy

No comments: